Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Houdini Lives at My House

It’s true. He’s been reincarnated as my son. He’s now able to open doors, the dishwasher (even when locked), and almost his baby gate.

But here’s the worst story (warning – it’s gross):

Jackson woke up from his nap on Friday afternoon and was playing peacefully in his crib. I usually let him hang out in there for about 10-20 minutes until he gets cranky.

All of a sudden he started screaming so I rushed in to check on him. What I found was a half-naked child with poop splattered ALL over him. I’m talking head-to-toe coverage, including the inside of his ears. It was all over the crib, all over his mobile, the sheets and blankets, and the wall behind his crib.

What had happened was that I put him down for a nap in just a t-shirt and diaper because it was so hot outside. I’ve done this a bunch and never thought twice about it. When he woke up he took his diaper off. It was dry…. He then peed and pooped in his crib. And then he started to play in it.

I was so mortified and disgusted, but at the same time I thought it was pretty funny. I kept thinking how glad I was that he was my own child because I couldn’t clean up another baby.

I wrapped him in a towel and proceeded to give the most gross shower/bath I have ever experienced. I had to hold him up with one hand and pour water/soap him down with the other. I finally got the little bugger clean (who was in a gloriously good mood) and then I had to clean up his room. Yuck.

While I was cleaning up his room I had him in a diaper to eat dinner (he’s a bit messy). He took off his diaper again and then handed it to me. Sigh…

I learned an extremely valuable lesson on Friday – my child is never to be trusted on his own with a diaper. Ever. I’m definitely NOT looking forward to the potty-training days!!

I couldn’t bear to photograph the incident, so here’s a nice little photo of him instead – all cleaned up!

photo(99)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I would have probably lost my lunch. Luckily my kids never went through a taking off the diaper phase. I hope he doesn't do it to you anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This beautiful grandchild does this? Just take him out and hose him off outside. As for the bed clean up, I so admire your strength. Trevor's turn to clean up next time? Hoping there never is a next time! Missing you all so much.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment you write. Thank you for sharing <3.