Jackson turned 9 months old on Thanksgiving. I can’t believe that he has been out in this world just as long as he was growing in my belly!
We visited his pediatrician yesterday for his 9 month well check-up and his second flu shot. It has been so interesting to see the growth chart every time he goes in. This time, he weighed in at 18lbs 7oz and was measured at 28 inches long. He’s definitely growing, but I feel like he is so small compared to lots of other babies his age. Of course his doctor says that he is perfectly healthy and I know not to compare him to other babies, but I think it’s natural to do so. I do feel lucky that he is wearing 9-12 month size clothing and that he has been able to wear each size for a while – saves us a bit of money and lets the little man wear clothes more than one time.
- JB is a pro at climbing up stairs – but he can’t climb down yet. He is cruising up them and I am so glad he doesn’t have access all the time because that would be a disaster!
- He is eating turkey, chicken and pastas. I am going to be brave and give him little pieces of veggies and pasta this week. EEK!
- He is starting to only say mama around me – usually when he wants me to pick him up. It’s pretty cute though and I am excited that he is associating the word with me.
- He has serious separation anxiety. Last Sunday he only wanted me – even though Trevor was there to help take care of him. I don’t want to encourage this behavior (and I don’t want to alienate Trevor) so I am determined not to give him what he wants (in this case, me) every time he is crying. It’s going to be tough, but we have to get him past this phase.
- He is getting braver about moving from one piece of furniture to another and even letting go for a few seconds. I think he will be standing on his own by Christmas.
Here are some photos I snapped of him with our Christmas tree – yes, we decorated the day after Thanksgiving. I’m kind of a Christmas freak. I would live in a Christmas world much longer than my husband allows me to!