Friday, May 13, 2011

11 Weeks Old



**I started this post last week, but then Blogger went all haywire for a bit, so it's crazy late.

So this baby is growing up so fast! This week Jackson has been smiling and laughing more, is incredibly AWAKE during the day, and sleeps for 8-10 hours at night. The newborn days are leaving us fast!! I'm kind of sad that his newborn and most of his 0-3 month clothing is no longer fitting him, but excited to put him in one of the 80 million new outfits Great-Grandma and Pa have sent him!

He is becoming less reliant on the fourth trimester tools (swaddling, white noise, side lying) to fall asleep, but we still need to transition him into sleeping flat on his back all night. We have been working with him this weekend, but he is now back to waking up at 3:30am and then again around 7:15am. Just as I was getting used to a full night's sleep....

He's getting really good about holding his head up, and he likes to put weight on his legs as well. He still hates tummy time, but he is cool with it if he's on the Boppy. I hope that means he won't crawl or roll over for a while - I'm not ready yet!

He is no longer a great napper, which is extremely irritating when I want to accomplish anything. He honestly naps about two hours the entire day - all broken up into 20-30 minute segments. I would love to break him of this habit, but I have no control over this child (which also drives me crazy).

We had our first set of shots on Wednesday as well as his two-month check-up. Dr. says he looks great! He weighs 12 pounds and is 23 inches long now (50th percentile for weight, 75% percentile for length and head circumference). I swore he was at least 14 or 15 pounds by now, but I guess not.

He was so angry when he got his shots, but forgot about it immediately after when I gave him sugar water and then a bottle. He promptly fell asleep for five hours, and then woke up screaming just as Daddy was set to watch him for a bit. Poor little guy was pretty fussy, but he got over it quickly. I am definitely NOT looking forward to the next set of shots at his four month check-up.


Here he is last week - getting bigger by the day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment you write. Thank you for sharing <3.