Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fried Eggs


Here is your brain:

Here is your brain on drugs babies:

I have seriously lost my mind. I thought I was a little absentminded while I was pregnant, but it’s gotten much worse now. When I was pregnant I simply couldn’t seem to find the correct word to use when I was talking to someone, writing, and sometimes even when I was thinking to myself.

Now I cannot find anything. I make grocery lists and then get home just to realize that I’ve forgotten things on my list even though I checked it a few times while at the store. I also forget that I have purchased items the week before and I get multiples of things.

I forget everything people tell me, unless it’s written down. And even then I forget and I have to go back and read e-mails two or three times to make sure I get everything. I never remember anything my husband says and I am sure it drives him crazy.

I also forget what I tell people, so I am now the crazy lady who tells the same story over and over again. Remind me to lay off my grandma a little.

Here are the top crazy things I’ve done recently:

· Today I forgot my dogs were locked in the basement (they were on a barking craze) and I got angry when I repeatedly called them to the second floor. I was convinced they were ignoring me until I heard them whining from below. Bad mommy.

· I’ve loaded up the car just to forget that the baby is in the car seat in the house (don’t worry, I never actually leave without him).

· I went to the bank to deposit a check and I left the check at home but remembered to bring the filled out deposit slip. Genius.

· While showering last week I put face wash in my hair as shampoo. After I had already shampooed and conditioned my hair.

I know there are plenty others, but surprise!, I can’t think of them at the moment. Is this normal? I must just be so caught up in Babyland that I am clueless and spacey all the time.


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! My sister has very similar stories! I hear that it can take years for your brain power to come back! :( Sorry, lady, the magic eight ball says, wait a year and try again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - I bet her level of forgetfulness trumps mine with four babies! Hopefully I will get my junk together at some point. Until then I am just going to blame it on the baby!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment you write. Thank you for sharing <3.