In honor of Miss Mommy's Tuesday Ten, I have decided to make my blog about the ten (at the least) babyproofing items and areas I need to babyproof. This is a perfect Tuesday Ten for me because I get to share and do one of my favorite things ever as an OCD mom - make glorious lists.
1. Living Room Fireplace - talk about your sharp edges and corners. Getting some foam for sure!!
KidKusion Hearth Kusion Source: target.com
Munchkin Auto-Close Baby Gate. Source: Target3. Cabinet and drawer locks - kitchen, bathrooms, and living room entertainment center. Not so much worried he will get into things that will hurt him, but worried he is going to slam his baby fingers constantly. Also concerned about Momma's make-up. Valid!
Dream Baby Bathroom Safety Kit. Source: target.com
4. Door knobs - again, not thinking this has to happen immediately, but I need to be able to keep him from opening the garage and basement doors. Maybe even the front door. Lord knows he will let the dogs out and they will never come home.
Safety 1st Knob Cover Source: BabiesRUs
5. Fridge - I have heard horror stories about babies that get into the refrigerator and cause all kinds of trouble.
Dream Baby Flexi Loop Lock. Source: BabiesRUs
6. Outlets - pretty obvious, right?
Safety 1st Outlet Covers. Source: BabiesRUs
8. Jack's room - I need to move everything off of the bottom shelf of his changing table unit and make sure to shut his closet door.
9. Cords - this baby loves cords. I have nightmares about finding him with one wrapped around his neck or hand or leg. Frightening.
10. The dogs - wishful thinking, but I would love to babyproof these two monsters. They get fur everywhere, they track in dirt, and this lick JB to show their undying love. I do need to move their doggy food somewhere though. I have no clue where because they eat when they feel like it, but I don't want Jackson to choke on a kernel of their food, or drown in their water bowl.
I am neurotic in general, and having a baby has amplified that by several hundred times. Now having a crawling baby is sending me over the edge. A glass of wine is in order after all my work today :)
Go check out Miss Mommy and link-up!