Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Put the Donut Down and No One Gets Hurt




Jackson will be three weeks old tomorrow, and so will my postpartum body. It's time for the both of us to shape up (okay, just me). I officially gained 28lbs during my pregnancy, and have lost all but 6 of them. I loved that the weight was just falling off at first and hoped that it would continue to my pre-preggo weight and size. No such luck. Looks like I am going to have to work for it. *sigh*

My plan is to work out a little every day (elliptical, light weights, strengthen ab muscles so my tummy doesn't look like a sad face anymore), and eat healthy. The working out part isn't that hard because I enjoy it. It's a little tough to find the time with Baby J, and I would rather nap, but I'm getting back in the swing of things.

It's the eating healthy that's killing my chances. I let go of my crazy caloric counting while I was pregnant, and didn't pay attention to serving sizes at all. It's not like I was at Taco Bell or McDonald's pounding down Big Macs and Spicy Chicken Burritos, but I definitely indulged in many a pint of ice cream and some yummy bleu cheese burgers from Whole Foods.

So now it's tougher than ever to give up my sweet tooth and embrace the urge to police myself. I always thought that I would bounce right back into shape, and then laugh at the people who say, "It took 9 months to put it on, it'll take 9 months to take it off". I still am hoping it doesn't take 9 months, but I'm thinking it might take 2, or 3 depending on how many more batches of caramel turtle brownies I make and how many more times I ask my mother-in-law to bring over donuts.

At the same time I'm patting myself on the back for another pound lost, I'm happy that the baby is gaining a bunch of weight. Funny how that works!

My goal is to be back in my normal shape by April 24th - Easter and two months after giving birth. I'm saving up my money to go on an awesome spending spree, so my rewards will include a nice new pricey pair of Citizens, a new handbag, and some gorgeous, ridiculously high-heeled shoes. And maybe a little cupcake here and there.

1 comment:

  1. You're definitely going to lose the weight! My OB put me on a low-sodium diet in the last couple weeks of pregnancy and I have pretty much stuck to it now that Parker is born and I think that's what helped me to lose the weight. Sodium is a killer! The good thing is, I haven't really had to give up my sweet tooth. I'm also jealous you've been able to work out... Because of all my fabulous stitches I can't work out for 6 weeks... Only 3 more to go! haha

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment you write. Thank you for sharing <3.