Today I was browsing iTunes for choreography and I came across some of my favorite high school bands. It really took me back and I’ve now spent the entire afternoon listening to the once “Emo” bands of the early 2000s. I say once because being “emo” now is nothing like it was back then. Then it was just wearing skinny black jeans and toting around a LOT of feelings. Today it’s all about cutting yourself and being severely depressed and practically suicidal.
So what a perfect Flashback Friday post – my favorite “emo” songs back when I was in high school. I have to give credit to my love for music-type boys back then and they were pretty into this stuff.
Here are the top ten:
10. Out of Reach – The Get Up Kids
9. Into the Dark – The Juliana Theory
8. Get It Faster – Jimmy Eat World
7. This Time is the Last Time - Mae
6. El Scorcho – Weezer. Okay, maybe the whole Pinkerton album
5. Cute Without the E - Taking Back Sunday
4. Hurricane - Something Corporate
3.Saints and Sailors - Dashboard Confessional.
2. Title and Registration – Death Cab for Cutie
1. Konstantine by Something Corporate. Nine and a half minutes of perfect. Andrew McMahon made me want to do a lot of bad things. Mostly to him.
I’m no music critic, or genius or anything of the sort. Just my opinion and what I listened to. I used to be so full of teenage angst when I listened to this music, but now I just get to enjoy it and remember the fun concerts I went to and late-night drives and just living life thinking there was no one outside of my bubble.
And now, I get to hang out with this boy all day every day – bliss :)
What were your favorite songs/groups when you were in high school?