Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Vegas, Adult-Style

I’ve been to Las Vegas several times over the past five years. Most times have been the usual skimp on food and splurge on drinks. This time was pretty different. First, we went with three other couples. This was my first couples’ trip and it was a lot of fun! Second, we did more adult things like going to a show and a nice dinner or two. It was fabulous! Third, we all needed like a full day of recovery every time we decided to stay up late. That’s not like any other time I’ve been to Vegas!

We landed on Thursday evening super late and although I wanted to stay out and gamble or get some drinks, I was way too tired after we ate. So we did what any normal 80-year-old would do – go to sleep! It was actually nice because we woke up Friday refreshed and ready for some pool time. We met up with another couple for lunch at Mandalay Bay and enjoyed some sushi – yum :).

Friday night we went to KA – a Cirque du Soleil show at MGM. It was pretty cool. The performers are incredible. They are just so strong and amazing that it makes any show fun to watch. I will say, that the complete darkness of the theater may have made the two of us doze off for a moment. It’s kind of a rite of passage in my eyes, and shows that we really need more sleep!

Here we are going to the show:

SDC10365SDC10371SDC10373SDC10374

Next Post: Clubbing in Vegas

8 comments:

  1. How fun!! I haven't been the vegas since I was 18 but I am going in August with my friends and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley - You are going to have so much fun! I think my favorite part was being with friends and my husband this time. Oh, and the food was pretty awesome too!

      Delete
  2. you are so cute!! i have always wanted to see that show but everytime i go to vegas I just end up seeing the Beatles LOVE show its just so fabulous! your blog is super cute, i just joined! check out mine if you get the chance!
    xx Kelly

    www.MessyDirtyHair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly - I have always wanted to see the Beatles show and it just didn't work out this time. Guess I need to go back :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love your pink shoes!! You look so pretty, glad to hear you had a great time away!!
    You had me laughing at your comment about feeling 80 yrs old, don't worry, you're not alone! But isn't it better to feel refreshed in the morning instead of nursing a hangover?
    We're visiting America in Dec/Jan and our first stop is Vegas!! Can't wait, oh and we were thinking of seeing this show or something like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry! It really feels so much better to NOT have a killer hangover - I kind of wish I knew this years ago :)
      You should definitely see a show when you are there. My all-time favorite is O at The Bellagio. It's incredible!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Tiffany - Vegas rocks! Thanks so much for stopping by :)

      Delete

I read and appreciate each and every comment you write. Thank you for sharing <3.