Monday, March 19, 2012

My Child the Monster

I know that boys aren’t called divas, but mine should be. He is getting into this crazy phase where he wants what he wants at the moment he wants it. And when that doesn’t happen (because let’s face it, I’m not a magician) he loses his sh*t faster than Snooki at a party that’s just run out of alcohol.

I’m talking screaming at the top of his lungs, throwing himself around, thrashing his whole body tantrums. It’s incredible and not fun at all. At first I thought it was great that he knew what he wanted, and now I am wishing he was my precious newborn again. I thought the terrible twos didn’t show up until babies were, umm, two?!?!

I love this little beast more than anything, but he is driving me bonkers. He’s also become extra needy lately, and usually just with me. He lets Dad do a few other things when they are together, but when I am around he demands ALL 100% of my attention. I don’t know if that’s common with other babies??

I want him to learn what “no” means, but when we try to teach him and tell him no he just smiles this Cheshire cat smile and continues to be mischievous and just downright defiant. We refuse to spank him, and so we will pull him away from whatever he is doing and that’s simply not working either.

To top it off, I can’t get over how cute my little man is. He is a master manipulator and knows how to play us. Thanks to his father for that.

I mean, look at this baby face!

photo(90)

So, today is one of those days where my ovaries have boarded up shop and are hibernating until this child is a little more under control. And Momma is in desperate need of some delicious wine and perhaps a brownie.

1 comment:

  1. haha! I would call my son a diva too! He is much more needy than my daughter and more dramatic too!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment you write. Thank you for sharing <3.