Monday, December 20, 2010

Nursery Update

The nursery is complete - *sigh*. Now I just need a baby.

I completed a few more small art projects for the last blank wall. Originally, I wanted some prints from etsy.com to put up, but they were just a little out of my budget, so I had to get creative.

I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up the following: 2 square canvases (on sale for $4 each), 2 yards of fabric ($4 each), a white shelf (50% off for $17), and some small wooden animals (3 for $2). I cut the fabric to fit my canvas and simply used a staple gun to secure the fabric to the canvases. It came out great! Almost like a wallpaper effect without the hassle and permanence.


Then I took a piece of scrapbook paper and hot-glued the baby animals to the paper. I put the piece inside a shadow box frame that I already had hanging out in the house and set it on the shelf. Voila!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment you write. Thank you for sharing <3.