Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!!

I am so blessed for everything I received in 2010, but I can honestly say that I am glad it's over. I am so ready for 2011. Here's what I'm looking forward to:

  • Our sweet baby boy - I know it's going to be a challenge and a constant struggle, but it will be so worth it. Baby Jack come soon!!
  • Our first Mother's/Father's Day - how fun will this be to celebrate?!
  • Our second wedding anniversary - maybe we will get to have a weekend away again. Yeah, right.
  • Growing my new hobbies - sewing and photography. Hopefully I will learn some cool stuff :)

I guess I should also post some resolutions. I haven't given them much thought since my mind is a little bit preoccupied at the moment, but here are a few:

  • Enjoy more moments - I have the tendency to get so caught up in the planning and organizing of a moment that I forget to enjoy and savor it. I don't want to do that this year with our family, so I am going to make a serious effort to be more like my laid-back husband.
  • Be content with a dirty house - I know that the laundry will pile up, the fur bunnies will grow into giant monster bunnies, and dinners will be pre-made when Jack comes. It makes me feel unsettled to not get everything done and keep it all organized. I need to realize that life goes on and all will be okay.
  • Put my marriage as a serious priority - this already happens, but I have heard lots of horror stories from new parents that they forget about each other. Not in this house, pal. I promise to remember that my husband is there for more than nighttime feedings and lawn-mowing.
  • Take care of my body - so many new moms are so concerned about everyone else and often forget to take care of themselves. I will try my best to remember to exercise and still put healthy food in my body so I can be a better mommy and wife to my family. Plus I vow not to be one of those moms who still looks pregnant when their baby is 11 months old. I may come close to that :)
2011 is sure to be full of new adventures and I can't wait!

Happy New Year family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment you write. Thank you for sharing <3.