Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Terrible Tuesdays

Yesterday had to be my day from hell!! I started out the day going to the eye doctor for a routine examination. I have been wearing glasses since the age of 8, and contacts since the age of 15, so I have had roughly a dozen eye exams in my life. Out of all the maintenance-type of appointments (dental, physical, eye, etc), I like the eye doctor the best because there is minimal prodding and poking.

So here I am in a lovely office with a nice doctor, going through all the motions when he lets me know it's time for the glaucoma test. This used to be my least favorite part because they would shoot air into your eyes with no warning and it was quite alarming as a child. However, in recent years, they have developed simple yellow eye drops that aren't supposed to cause any discomfort at all. Hmmm.... if only!

The drops went in just fine and the doctor was checking my eyes when I started to get really clammy and queasy and felt like I was going to get sick all over this poor doctor. I waited about a minute until I couldn't take it any longer and asked to use the restroom since I was feeling so terrible. He had a very worried look on his face and must have realized that something was very wrong with this little pregnant woman in his office. He helped me walk toward the bathroom when everything started to go black. Yikes!! I passed out at the eye doctor! How horrible is that?!?!

I was told by the wonderful doctor (who was so great in not letting me fall on my child) that the drops lower blood pressure. My blood pressure is on the low side (92/65 last week) anyhow, and I have all this additional blood flowing through my body to support baby Jack, so no wonder I passed out!!!

Needless to say, I will be asking for the puff of air in future appointments. Blah.

On a side note - my grandma is coming from Florida to my baby shower!!! I booked her ticket yesterday and I am so incredibly excited for her to visit. She has always been like a mom to me and it will mean so much that she gets to be a part of this special event.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment you write. Thank you for sharing <3.