Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Pavlov's Bell - Baby Conditioning

Remember that old psychology experiment that we all learned about in school - Pavlov's Bell? Pavlov trained dogs to know that they were getting food by ringing a bell. Eventually they would just salivate at the ringing of a bell with no food in sight.

This happens to me several times per day, except it involves a toilet and the need to go to the bathroom immediately. It used to be that my body would tell me that I needed to go (a million times a day during this pregnancy). Now I am so conditioned by the sight of a toilet that I IMMEDIATELY need to go when I see one. This happens so fast that all I can do is drop my pants as fast as possible and hope that I make it in time.

Lovely. And I hear bladder control remains shady after you deliver as well. Guess you know who will be doing Kegels 24/7!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and every comment you write. Thank you for sharing <3.