Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankfully

Thankfully, I have a great life. I have an amazing family and husband who I cherish more than I can ever express. I am so blessed and lucky, but I often let petty worries get in the way of joy. I worry about my weight and how my body looks and if my muffin top is showing. I worry about getting the laundry done and the house vacuumed and making my own baby food. I worry if I am a good enough mother or wife. I get frustrated easily instead of being patient. I have road rage. I dislike people who act ignorant. I complain about silly little things instead of laughing at them – like spilling food all over the floor or forgetting to defrost the chicken for dinner (again).

This week I am going to focus on letting those little worries go and enjoying my life and all the things I am thankful for. I am reconnecting with a few friends I haven’t seen in a while. I am taking the plunge to let the daycare staff at my gym watch JB while I work out this morning (I am TERRIFIED for some crazy reason). I am not tackling the turkey this year and letting Brothers BBQ give us a delicious smoked one instead.

I am going to be kissing these two men more than usual this week:

DSC_0091

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel. It is so easy to forget whats important in life and stress over the little things! Glad you are finding time to reconnect :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and every comment you write. Thank you for sharing <3.